Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Spinning with a Turkish spindle

I love spinning on my spinning wheel (a Ladybug from Schacht), but some time ago I discovered the Turkish spindles. They are beautiful wooden spinning tools and make spinning portable.

Two little "turks" at work:
Right: Medium Capar   Left: IST-craft spindle


I have a few more of them....I promise to make a group-photo later ;)

The fibre that I'm spinning here is a batt named "Snow Glow" from Nunoco. They make soooo nice batts! Spinning them is a dream. 






This fibre has: 50% Merino, 40% faux cashmere and 10% Firestar.
I just love the pastel gradient, and it sparkles just a little bit....



I spun each batt (50g) as a gradient single, then plied them together on my wheel:


 "Snow Glow", 495m/100g
This will make a beautiful shawl some day!


No comments:

Popular Posts